There are enormous types of bathtubs available in the market, and one such name is a soaking tub. These are freestanding tub, which comes in an oval shape with decent water depth in order to allow total submersion. Soaking tubs are designed in such a way to completely cover your body with water. In short, you need not keep your knees or arms exposed as it happens in traditional bathtubs. The design of this bathtub is attractive, and it doesn’t engage much space. The shape of these tubs is the plus point as you get a more therapeutic and almost medicinal soak.
What sizes do typical soaking tubs come in?
While you go for a bathtub, the size of it matters a lot. You should know which size bathtub will suit you the most. For most of the bathtubs, the measures would be roughly 60 inches long and 30-32 inches wide. The most common depth for such bathtubs is 14-20 inches.
Soaking Tub’s Advantages:
Every product we use comes with various advantages and disadvantages. Let’s check out some of the advantages that soaking tubs come up with:
- Improve blood circulation: While you feel cold limbs or numbness, even if you have average body temperature, that is the sign of bad blood circulation. One of the best ways to improve your blood circulation is to soak yourself in hot water for 30-40 mins. For that soaking tub would be an ideal choice.
- Better Skin: Whenever you feel like having dull skin take a bath. Soaking in warm water brings back the glow in your skin. It activates your cells and makes you feel fresh.
- Get rid of Arthritis Pain: Those who are suffering from arthritis pain should take a hot bath on a regular basis. Soaking in hot water will help you manage the pain and inflammation in your body.
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety: No matter how much stressed you are, you can easily get rid of it. Take a hot bath in a soaking tub, and you will definitely feel the difference.
Drawbacks of Soaking Tub:
With the positives come the negatives hand in hand. Soaking tub even has its drawbacks, even if it gives a serene experience of bathing. Well, in all of this chaos, there are some days when one wants to relax in the tub. So which kind of soaking tub you will like to install in your bathroom. Let’s look at the drawbacks of having better decision making.
- Price: the price of a soaking tub is higher in comparison to the standard water. One should pick the soaking tub according to the size of the bathroom. If you have a small space, then you cannot install a soaking tub. A shower panel is significant in comparison to the ordinary shower. The more advanced shower panels, the higher the price. The price of the shower panel ranges from $200 to $2000. . The price differs with the preference of the brand that you will pick. A single installation does not cost much, but the system makes it costly, but the product is worth the price.
- Maintenance: the installation of the soaking tub has a drawback. The maintenance cost of the soaking tub is high. Cleaning and proper usage make it durable. Luxury comes with a cost, and in soaking tub it is the maintenance cost.
What is the depth of soaking Tub?
The size of the tub differs from single person or two persons. An average soaking tub can hold around 250 gallons of water. The depth of the bathtub can go up to 3 feet or 36 inches.
Installation Process of Soaking Tubs:
Soaking tubs are available in all kinds of shapes and sizes that are in round shape, square shape, rectangular shape, oval shape, hourglass shape, etc. and therefore, you can choose the one that will perfectly match your washroom space. There are various kinds of tubs which has been mentioned below with the relevant details of its installation.
- Drop-in bathtubs are also known as overmount and deck-mount tubs. These should be attached to the top of the surround in order to install. Once it has been installed, you are ready to use it as per your needs and wishes.
- Undermount tubs are the opposite of drop-in bathtubs as you have to attach it with the surround from the underside. It will give a counter like a deck coverage to the top edges of the tub. You must remember that some tubs can be mounted either above the surface or below as per its installation policy.
- Corner tubs provide the maximum bathing space to anyone who has a less washroom space. It is one of the amazing kinds that is uniquely designed and can be easily installed.
- Alcove tubs are best for washroom that needs a tub as well as a shower combination. It can be attached to the nearby walls from all the three sides and would be ready to use after installation.
- Walk-in tubs are one of the unique tubs that has a swinging door attached to it so that anyone who finds difficulty in climbing out and climbing in can easily do so.
Deep Soaker bathtub vs Classical bathtub- which one is to prefer:
This is one of the most essential and important questions that you must know about if you are planning to buy a soaking tub. Generally, the classical bathtub has a smaller depth for which the whole of your body does not get soaked when you are taking a bath in it. On the other hand, a soaker tub has a deeper structure that allows most part of your body to soak in water. This gives you a refreshing experience after the bath, and you feel more relaxed and refreshed for a longer time. Moreover, you can use the soaker tubs to take warm water soak while listening to your favorite music or sipping a glass of wine. Many manufacturers of bathtubs even provide thermotherapy, chromatherapy, light therapy, aromatherapy, etc. in order to give you a better experience of bathing.
How much do soaking Tubs cost?
Nowadays everybody is busy in their life, and they always need a way to relieve stress. Soaking tubs are one of the beautiful ways in which you can release your stress after a hectic day of work. The future is of soaking tubs, and it is available in various kinds of shapes and sizes. Thus it is for sure that you can find a tub for yourself within your budget.
The price range of these tubs is from $700, which are the most affordable ones, to $80,000, which is the most luxurious ones. Thus you can choose the tub that you really like, and that will look good in your washroom at an affordable price.
Moreover, you must know that this product is worth its value as it provides you with a stress-free and relaxing bath that you deserve after a hectic day at a job. Please read our review of Best Soaker Tub to check the prices of different types of Soaking tubs.
Materials used in Making Soaking Tubs:
These soaking tubs are very elegant looking and at the same time provides you with luxurious comfort. It is stunning and elegant to look at and is lightweight in all kinds of shapes and sizes. Basically soaking tubs have these materials in it-
- It is specially made of acrylic, which gives it a lightweight and makes it affordable. It even makes it easier to maintain and a popular choice for a broader range of people.
- Cast iron tubs give a vintage look and durable, but at the same time, it is heavy too. The most amazing thing is that you can get this tub in various colors.
- There are copper tubs that are luxurious and are very good for skin if you have a nice long soak in it.
- Stainless steel tubs are affordable and can be an alternative to copper tubs.
- There are stone tubs that look spectacular and beautiful, but it is very heavy, and thus you need to ensure your flooring.
Other than these, the soaking tubs can be made from a variety of materials like glass and wood, which gives it a beautiful look. It is on you to select the kind of tub that you want to with all the necessary details and designs. The outer surface of the tubs can also be crafted and designed in order to give it a beautiful look. It will add glamour to your washroom space.
Special Features of Soaking tubs:
In the world of home bathtubs, strange things are happening where people prefer soaking tubs over bathtubs. After a long day at work, people want to relax. A relaxing bath in a warm water soaking tub will rejuvenate the freshness and energy. Back in the day, soaking tubs were found rarely in homes, or only rich people could afford it. But nowadays there are a number of varieties with suitable price ranges. There are so many choices that will confuse you, but what you pick should be a combination of look, comfort, cost, and easy maintenance. Let us look at the features of a soaking tub so that your decision making can be easy.
Features of Soaking Tubs
- Size: a soaking tub is larger than a bathing tub. Unlike a standard bathtub, the focus is not the soap or design, but it is on the experience of soaking and submerging in water. Bubble baths can be the best experience in a soaking tub. The general size is around the length to be about 54 inches, and the width to be between 19 and 36 inches.
- Water drainage system: In any soaking tub the water system is over the side and on to the floor so that there is no leaking and is considered as a safety valve. This prevents clogs and steady flowing of the water.
- Style and Look: The elegant oval style of the soaking tub is the favorite of all homeowners. Cast iron material for the soaking tubs gives the best longevity experience. It is made by pouring molten iron into the desired shape, coated with a thin layer of enamel and smoothens. The finishing of the tub is resistant to denting, chemical wash, color fading, and scratching. The heavy hard material tends to retain the water heater, and all these make it the most expensive material in the market.
Best brands of soaking tubs to choose:
There are many brands available in the market that offers you soaking tubs, but it is important to know which one is better for you. Vanity Art 70 Inch, WOODBRIDGE Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub, KOHLER K-1123-RA-0, and American Standard 2460002.011 are some of the best soaking tubs available in the market. These tubs have got all the features that customers usually search for. When you are investing money on something, invest it on the best things.